Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ice Skating, and fender benders and pancakes OH MY

Last night was my first fender bender.
And I'm gonna tell you, I handled it like a pro!

So we were leaving the ice skating rink.
Which was fun, and chilly. But I LOVED it.
I'm gonna go back again soon.

Anyway, back to the big chaotic accident. (hahaha)
The driver (dani) was distracted by a certain boy and didn't see the girl in front of her hit her brakes. The accident felt worse than it was.

So we pull into this restaurant to asses the damage.
The girl gets out and this guy pulls up next to her..her boyfriend.
His arms were crossed, like he was some body guard.
(I guess those are extra boyfriend points to him.)

So the girl comes out of her car, yelling all sorts of profanity.
Dani gets out and us 4 girls stay in the car, I can see Dani freaking out a little bit..the battle of the cars seems a little unfair.
So I jump out, cross my arms, and act like Dani's bodyguard.
I get on the phone, call the trusty dusty dad on what all we need to get insurance, phone numbers, license plate numbers etc.
(That's what dad's are good for.)

The girl calms down, apologies are had, and it seems like it's gonna be one of those "Eh its not bad at all, we'll just forget it happened," kind of cases.

After that we IHOPed to calm Dani's nerves.
Our waiter's name was Grant.
He gave us free cocoa.

1 comment:

TSHarrison said...

Sounds like a memorable night.